Monday, March 10, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

It's raining all over KL and the Klang Valley.....and its not just any ordinary rain, but a real storm. I drove all the way to STC(near Sg Besi) at 4.15 for my riding lesson when it looked nice and sunny. However, when I was at the Sunway tol, I saw unusually dark skies ahead. I could've sworn it looked like the skies of the night. Anyway, I procceded hoping that it wouldn't be as bad as it looked (how dumb of me). Halfway through, it started pouring!!!I couldn't see a thing!!! I drove as slowly as I could, but at times like these you tend not to worry about yourself and your own capabilities but those of others.

As if not being able to see was not enough torture and worry already, it was flooding pretty bad. I managed to get through the inconsistent puddles and reached STC. However, it was impossible to ride in that weather. So I turned around and headed home.

Heading home was 10 times worse than going. It was flooded almost all the way and vision was very limited. The water level was high, resulting in some cars not being able to make it. But I did, with much help from my maroon sidekick :-)

Ah, the rain. It's such a pain in the ass. The only nice thing about having rain is that it is conducive for sleep (especially for afternoon naps). And of course, it' the usual source of water for us to live and bla bla bla. It's more annoying then it is helpful at this point. It disrupts peoples' schedules, especially those involving outdoor sporting activities, such as mine...

The part of this evenings experience that irritates me is the fact that 'they' can't build proper roads to ensure that flooding doesn't happen. It wasn't raining for that long a period of time. Sure, it was ridiculously heavy, but the roads shouldn't flood withing like 10 minutes. The people 'up there' are just not doing their jobs. It's no wonder why Uncle Sam joined the unemployed. It's about time!

Most of the time, I was feeling really bad. Not for people like me sitting in my car comfortably having to move through waters to go home, but for the motorcyclists. The poor guys have to make their way through the dirty flood waters, some higher than their knees. Not only that, cars and big lorries that pass by displace flood water on them. The poor guys were drenched and soaking wet, and with disgusting brown muddy water. Sigh. I tried as best as I could not to go too fast and displace water on them, but sometimes I had to. If not, I would be endangering myself. I really feel for them. Hope they're alright:-/

I know I mentioned in my previous posts that I would be away, but since I have like half an hour of my lesson time to spare, I thought I'd post something up. I got an extension (of 2 days) for my research methods assignment! It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

My sister will be delivering tomorrow. Baby Lucas will be born tomorrow morning, and I'm going to be the Godmother. Will blog about that soon. Off for some steak now!


Signing out!

2 comments:

Leon said...

Congratulate your sister for me =D

You'll make a great Godmother. Baby Lucas will feel real comfy when you hold him ^_______^;

jennifer said...

wow yr sis has another baby!!! how nice!! at least isabelle will have a sibling now. heheeh. how's she doin?? i miss her sometimes =) so cute & sweet..sigh. mann i want a cute baby!! dunno why i've been lookin at every pram that passes by these days. hehe