Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mistakes

Sometimes, you've got to make mistakes in order to go the right way.
Lately, I've been feeling as though a large number of the choices I have made in my life are mistakes. Some are major choices, while others are the one's that do not cause much uneasiness. Things aren't working out the way I hoped they would, and I am constantly reminded of the fact that I chose my own path and didn't follow what some others told me to do. However, I knew that when I chose my own path, I would have to face the consequences if things didn't work out. I just never thought it would actually happen. I hoped for the best, and tried to be as confident as I could.
Being constantly reminded of the fact that I chose to be where I am today, I can't help but think about the 'what ifs'. What if I had done A-Levels instead of ADP? What if I had gone to Trinity College? What if I had stayed in Inti? What if I had been nicer to some people? What if I wasn't so pessimistic? This is only a small fraction of 'what ifs'.
Having to think about these 'what ifs' make way for a huge sense of regret. Regret for a lot of things I have done, not done and done halfway. Regret, however, makes me feel 10 times worse. I find it so hard to pick myself up and do something about my situation. I don't know how. I've heard many times that 'It's not too late. You're so young. You still have plenty of time and opportunity.' I guess I just have to believe this. It's never too late. If all the choices I deem as mistakes can be fixed, I should try and fix them.
However, following my wants and likes has led me to this situation. I have to ask myself, should I continue to decide and choose for myself, eventhough I know things are not going as I hoped, or should I follow?
Signing out!

No comments: