Religion and logic are two things that just cannot agree. You can never be 'Logical yet Religious' or 'Religious yet Logical'. They just don't go together! The whole concept of God itself is beyond logical. The existence of God has yet to proven and hence, goes againsnt the concept of logic. Logic is basically a scientific process of deductive reasoning. We reason, from big to small, and hence come up with a statement/belief based on that deduction.
With all that said, I come to the point of my post today. Is it possible to be a Christian and hold on to the concept of logic at the same time? Over the past few months, I have come to realise that this is impossible. It is impossible to be a good christian and abide by the rules of logic. Some of you might disagree with me, but based on my own personal experience these past few months, I am very sure about where I stand when it comes to this issue, and I'm not budging. When someone has betrayed us(intentionally or unintentionally), logically they should be punished. They should have to pay for what they've done one way or another. However, the bible teaches us to 'forgive and forget'. For Christians, which one should they abide by? This is very difficult for most Christians, including myself.
My past experiences have put me in a very difficult situation. Right now, I am leaning more towards logic. I would say I am 90% for logic. But being a Catholic at the same time, I am not abiding by the teachings of God. Therefore, I have to ask myself. I am put in a position where I have to decide. I cannot go on leading a life based on situations and emotions. I have to decide.
Which one?
Signing out!
With all that said, I come to the point of my post today. Is it possible to be a Christian and hold on to the concept of logic at the same time? Over the past few months, I have come to realise that this is impossible. It is impossible to be a good christian and abide by the rules of logic. Some of you might disagree with me, but based on my own personal experience these past few months, I am very sure about where I stand when it comes to this issue, and I'm not budging. When someone has betrayed us(intentionally or unintentionally), logically they should be punished. They should have to pay for what they've done one way or another. However, the bible teaches us to 'forgive and forget'. For Christians, which one should they abide by? This is very difficult for most Christians, including myself.
My past experiences have put me in a very difficult situation. Right now, I am leaning more towards logic. I would say I am 90% for logic. But being a Catholic at the same time, I am not abiding by the teachings of God. Therefore, I have to ask myself. I am put in a position where I have to decide. I cannot go on leading a life based on situations and emotions. I have to decide.
Which one?
Signing out!
1 comment:
you don't have to choose, you just have to find a way to have both co-exist, yet very separately.. what is our faith does not always have to be proven, some things can be left unknown..it's ok. it's ok to retain a 'child'like faith' when it comes to God, all does not have to have a logical explanation. what's important is that YOU first need to be ok with it.
Post a Comment