Dear all,
I realise that it has been a while since I last updated my blog. I've been coaxed numerous time by numerous people, but I just didn't feel like blogging. I didn't have any inspiration...I still don't...But I'm going to attempt to write something. At this point, too much has happened. I can't possibly write about each one at a time. Hence, this is going to be a compilation of...thoughts, events, etc. Whatever I can remember, I'll definitely miss out quite a few substantial points.
- I'm super excited about going to the States. I can't wait! Less than 2 months! But then again, I'm trying to control my excitement because usually when I get this hyped up about something, I end up disappointed. *breathes*. I don't only feel excitement. I also feel sad, worried, guilty, etc. But the time was bound to come. Trying not to focus too much on the negative feelings. Going to get passport and visa done this coming week. Hopefully all goes well...
- I found a black puppy, barely 3 days old, eyes closed and all, outside my empty neighbor's house about 2 weeks ago. It's so adorable. The mom hangs around the area watching over her puppy. Since I found it, I've been feeding the mom and watching over the puppy. I've been watching it grow and open it's eyes:-) It lives outside the neighbor's house in the garbage disposal area. Now, it's grown so big and fat (cause it's a single puppy so it's gets all the mom's milk). I call him FattieBoy. So adorable. As of today, he can walk! Melly is adopting him soon.
- Sometimes, we try to help people who clearly don't want to be helped. Most of the time, we say "But they don't know what's good for them. So we need to help them and they'll eventually appreciate our good deeds". Well, I don't believe that anymore. Some people just don't want to be helped, and will never appreciate our deeds. So, fine. Try if you must. If you're so adament that they can change. But when all else fails, back off. No point wasting your good efforts. Good intentions are sometimes intepreted wrongly, and seen as acts of anger, greed, selfishness and so on. Use them on someone or something who will appreciate them. However, knowing and being able to indentify who deserves/needs your help and who doesn't is a challenge on it's own....
- When there is an accident on the road and you have no intention or capability to stop and help, why be so 'kaypo' and slow down to look? WHY? Just carry on driving, The other day, there was a 3 car pile up on the opposite side of the highway. The passerbys' on that side of the road decided to be kaypos and slow down, hence, causing a massive 1km bumper to bumper crawl. Even the passerbys' on my side slowed down, but the jam wasn't for 1km. WHY? If you're not involved or planning to get involved, just drive on! I'm sure there were numerous drivers in there who were late for work, important meetings, school, etc, all because of the 'kaypo' attitude. Urgh! Annoying...Think of others, and how you're affecting their life. Choosing to satisfy your busy-body side affects others!
- Over the past few months, I've learned how to dispose unwanted information/sights/sounds/comments that could emotionally affect me. You know the malay saying 'masuk telinga kanan, keluar telinga kiri'? Yeah, that's exactly what I've been learning to do. Of course information I discard is at my own discretion. I haven't 100% mastered it yet, but it's much more do-able now. Hence, I'm not as affected about certain things as I usually would be.
- I finished reading the book 'The last lecture' by Randy Pausch 2 days ago. It's about Randy Pausch, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University, who has cancer and is going to die soon. He was asked to give the traditional 'last lecture' at the University. It's about his life, how he's going to spend his remainning days, etc. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I could understand and connect with certain parts, but others, not so...
- To all those who have not watched P.S I love you, watch it! It is the ultimate romantic show. There's a book. Hmmm. I think I shall try reading it. Omg, Irish guys are so hot! !Where's my Gerry?!
- It's very sad when you make an effort to keep in touch with people, but they just don't bother. My mom always asks me "How's this person, how's that person?" and I'm like "I dunno". I try to keep in touch with some, really. But they just don't bother. Howver, I am sometimes in the other person's seat. I don't bother when some people try to keep in touch with me. But that's because I find the friendship pointless. Hmmm. Well, I guess the people that matter and care will keep in touch. One worth mentioning, my only close high school friend, Eileen aka Dumbass. Miss you lots!
- Been out shopping with Sam lately. Haven't bought much except for my nice gold bag and skinny jeans. Gold is the new pink (to me), and I love my skinny jeans! It's an awesome feeling to know you've gotten a good bargain and also, to go shopping and not buy anything, to actually practice self control. It's awesome! Unless you have money to splurge and you couldn't care less about how much you spend. Then it's a different story. I am, however, not in that position...AT ALL. So, I am pleased with the outcome of this past week's shopping trips.
- Lastly, just a recap of one of my favorite Gandhi quotes; Be the change you want to see in the world. Please don't do stupid things you don't want other people doing to you. I've been driving a lot this past week, and seriously, people drive like maniacs. Total maniacs. It's as though they have air in their heads. The things I've witnessed this past week, appalling. I'm sure you don;t one someone coming at full speed and sticking to your car's ass, or driving in the wrong direction on the road, or overtaking in the slow lane. So please, don't do it. Your acts matter.
I hope I will be able to blog normally again soon. I need my inspiration.
Life is only as hard as you think it is....
Signing out!
4 comments:
10 concise
you sound like you're about to die
especially when you inculde Ghandi..
GOne all spiritual aye..ahahhaa
HAHA. Haven't I always been like that? Lol.I like Gandhi ok!
Randy's an awesome guy... have you watched the videos?
Yes I've seen the videos. The videos are good. But the book, hmmm, I find his writing a bit arrogant.
Post a Comment