Things have been pretty hectic, but mundane lately. Apart from riding, there isn't really much to shout about. Yesterday was the day I handed in my final assignment for this semester. I'm finding it hard to believe that all the slogging and putting up with irritating partners is over. Speaking of irritating partners, don't some people realise that they're annoying? Think of the most annoying person you know, and try to imagine how that person can think that he/she is normal and un-annoying. It's fascinating, really. Egocentric maybe? People tend to annoy me very easily. I hate that about myself, but I just can't help it. It's been this way ever since I can remember. Most of the time, the level of annoyance is at the surface because I stay away as much a possible. But then, there are some people that just zoom way pass the line of 'irritating'. They call you 24/7 for things that could easily be settled through SMS, they have high pitched, door-squeeking voices, they constantly tell you about expensive designer things they're going to buy, eventhough they know you don't give a damn, they talk about how 'fat' or 'dark' they are, once again, knowing I don't give a damn (and knowing that they're not) and lots of other stupid irritating things.
My question is, why are there some people who are so egocentric to the point where they don't realise that other people have bigger problems to deal with. My life does not revolve around not being able to buy the Louis Vuitton bag I want or wanting to buy a RM950 hair pin with the initials 'LV' printed on it. I mean come on, take one look at me and you will know that these things don't interest me at this point in time. I don't even know if they will ever interest me. I don't have that kind of money to waste. And yet, these wasters-of-money insist on telling me all about their wants, their possesions and their lifelong goals (all of which involve LV and other designer labels). It's sickening. These past couple of months have been hell having to listen to all this, over and over again. Most of the time, I manage to smile and nod. When I'm grumpy, I just look down and pretend I'm a brick wall.
People like these without a doubt have opened my eyes and forced me to realize that there are many people out there that think the same way. Materialism is rampant. I for one, hope that I don't become a victim of it. There are more important things in life, and in a way, I am grateful I managed to learn more about myself through this whole experience. Meeting people like these actually brought some good. Some, probably like 10%. But everyone that we meet come into our lives for reasons we cannot comprehend, and serve some kind of purpose. However, I really really do hope that this is the end of the line for me and people like these. It's just been too much to handle.
A sense of peace and accomplishment set in.Ahh... I survived!
P.S Good luck to all INTI friends who will be having their finals next week!:-)
Signing out!
2 comments:
some people was born to be materialistic, indulged into a world of luxury even when they were born. i've known several people who would simply buy such and such for a large sum of money, but i'm glad you're not one of them
I love it when a girl talks negatively about materialism... makes me more secure in my cheapness. =P
Post a Comment