Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nostalgia

Do you think it's true that when you feel good, when your life's going alright, you naturally look good? As some would put it, you 'glow'? A friend came over once and saw a picture of me when I was...15, and she said " wow, you look so good in this picture. You're....glowing!" And I did agree with her. It was one of my very happy moments. I was actually contented and pleased with life. She wasn't the first person to make a comment like that on that very picture......

I'm typing this post from the computer in my study, not from my laptop. Everytime I sit at the computer here, I feel so nostalgic. I feel compelled to look at the photos in this computer (all the pictures from the time we started using digital cameras are in this computer). And everytime I scan through the pictures, I feel so nostalgic. Most of the time, tears roll down my eyes because of all the good times we had. There are so many pleasant memories when I look through the photos in this computer.

I hate feeling nostalgic..mostly because I end up feeling very sad after, but also because I know that I'll never have the same life I had in the past. Things have changed so much; people have changed, homes have changed, lifestyles' have changed, etc. Sometimes it's hard to let go. Most of the time, I try to look on the bright side (I try...I'm not saying it always works). I'm the kind of person who hates change; any kind of change. When I'm happy and comfortable and content with something, I hate it when it has to change. I tend to stay as close to and not detach myself from the things I was happy with. However, when it's something I don't like or am not comfortable with, i don't mind taking a giant leap into the unknown in the hopes of getting something better.

I don't think this post really has a purpose or any consistent content, but it all started when I was looking at some old photographs. People always tell me how nice I used to look a few years back. Of course they don't say anything mean or imply that I don't look nice now. I don't take any offence or anything like that, but it always makes me wonder why. And whenever I look at pictures, I see the truth in their words, and I wonder even more...

I guess it's because I'm not as happy with myself as I used to be....I need to learn how to be happy with myself again....

P.S This post is not mean't to make anyone feel bad or feel any guilt. It's just my thoughts and feelings.

I shall end with my favorite picture of the week...


He can smile now!!

Signing out!

No comments: